Certified Medication Aide
About Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Holbrook Life is a family-owned business which develops, owns and manages active adult, assisted living and memory care communities across the Southeast. Each Holbrook community has been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents, customers and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
The Certified Medication Aide (CMA) is primarily responsible for administering medication to residents as prescribed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Administer and accurately record administration of medications for residents as prescribed by the physician in accordance with established Holbrook Life policies and procedures and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Observe, record and report to the Wellbeing Nurse or Director of Wellbeing and Life Services any symptoms and conditions of residents that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects.
- Determine and record effectiveness of medications in a timely and accurate manner as required by state and federal regulations.
- Obtain vital signs as indicated during the administration of medications including taking and recording temperature, pulse, and respiration, and monthly weights and blood pressures; document in the resident’s chart using required charting standards.
- Provide and promote resident’s rights during the assistance of the self-administration of medications.
- Monitor medications to ensure adequate accountability measures are taken when medications are ordered, received into the facility, administered and at change of shift.
- Routinely inspect, clean and monitor equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety; report any equipment or supply issues or shortages to the Wellbeing Nurse for correction or repair.
- Respond to residents’ family’s questions, concerns and requests in a timely manner.
- Understand and comply with Universal Precautions, following infection control standards for the community, hazardous waste policies and all safety rules.
Decatur was recently named the #1 best place to live in Georgia by Niche.com, which bases their ratings on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. Decatur has a traditional small-town atmosphere-and the sophistication and excitement of a college town-along with all the benefits of living in a major metropolitan area. The corridor benefits from a variety of parks and amenities, including Mason Mill Park. This 111 acre park provides the surrounding community with a variety of amenities including tennis courts, a recreation center, picnic area, dog park and trails for public enjoyment.
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
- Be a Certified Nurse Aide AND a Certified Medication Aide in good standing with the State of Georgia CNA/CMA registry.
- Have at least 6 months of experience passing medications in a personal care home or assisted living community.
- Be CPR/First Aid-certified per state regulations.
- Have the knowledge and ability to obtain, record and interpret residents’ temperature, pulse, respiration rate, weight and blood pressure.
- Effectively read, write, speak and understand English.
- Possess knowledge of safe medication administration technique and demonstrate this knowledge with a medication error rate of 5% or below.
- Be committed to and passionate about serving customers and delivering best-in-class service.
- Continuously look for opportunities to “WOW” customers; always willing to go that “extra mile.”
- Have patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude towards older adults and their families.
- Possess the ability to effectively and professionally engage, interact and collaborate with residents, residents’ families, associates, etc.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook and be able to navigate the internet and personal computer environments.
- Possess manual dexterity to handle delicate instruments and other equipment.
- Be able to lift and/or carry 30 to 50 pounds.
- Have the ability, availability and willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as business needs/schedule dictates.
- Be willing to take, and able to pass, a drug screen, TB test and a physical.
- Be willing to consent to, and able to pass, a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.