Wellbeing Nurse (LPN)
About Dogwood Forest, served by Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Dogwood Forest communities are assisted living and memory care communities located in Acworth, Dunwoody and Grayson, Georgia. Dogwood Forest communities have been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is primarily responsible for delivering individualized nursing and wellness servicers to our residents. The ultimate objective of the wellness team is to support residents in reaching their optimum level of health and overall wellbeing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assess, monitor and evaluate appropriateness of care/treatment for residents and document findings in a timely, accurate and factual manner by adhering to standards of the Nurse Practice Act.
- Administer medication/treatment to resident in accordance with physician's orders or supervise Certified Medication Aides (CMA) who may administer medication/treatment to a resident.
- Ensure supplies and medications are documented and ordered in a timely fashion in accordance with company policies and procedures to prevent any delays or discontinuance in the resident's medication/treatment regime or plan of care.
- Ensure that medications are properly stored, received from the pharmacy and/or family in appropriate compliance packaging and are accurately accounted for in accordance with company policies and procedures and with applicable state/federal law.
- Perform resident treatments and collect specimens in accordance with physician orders; evaluate and document the resident's response to the treatment.
- Supervise shift performance of CMAs and care managers; ensure shifts are covered in department manager’s absence.
- Establish and maintain communication with residents, residents' responsible parties, consulting healthcare professionals and others to provide for resident's needs, respond to care concerns and ensure resident comfort while on duty.
- Assess, monitor and evaluate appropriateness of care/treatment for residents and document findings in a timely, accurate and factual manner.
- Investigate reports of accidents or incidents to residents, employees or others and obtain appropriate medical care.
- Complete assigned monthly wellness visits, including vitals and general assessment of resident's condition.
- Complete new move-in or post hospital assessment and file set-up if/when those events occur while on duty.
Ranked #4 by Niche.com as one of the best places to raise a family in DeKalb County and graded an A+, Dunwoody is a vibrant community just 10 miles north of Atlanta. Offering residents a suburban feel, Dunwoody also has many award-winning restaurants, premium shopping (including the Southeast’s second largest mall), and holds family-friendly festivals and events throughout the year. It also boasts a variety of outdoor activities and attractions including many beautiful parks, the Dunwoody Nature Center and even zip-lining! And MARTA public transportation makes getting around Dunwoody a breeze!
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
- Be a Georgia Licensed Practical Nurse in good standing, meeting all applicable federal and state licensure requirements and must keep license current, active and without disciplinary action during employment.
- Have current certification in Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Health Care Providers.
- Have at least one (1) year of experience in an assisted living, personal care home or long-term care environment in which there was charge nurse responsibility.
- Have strong organizational skills.
- Effectively read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Be committed to and passionate about serving customers and delivering best-in-class service.
- Continuously look for opportunities to “WOW” customers; always willing to go that “extra mile.”
- Have patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude towards older adults and their families.
- Possess the ability to effectively and professionally engage, interact and collaborate with residents, residents’ families, associates, etc.
- Be able to lift and/or carry 30 to 50 pounds.
- Have the ability, availability and willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as business needs/schedule dictates.
- Be willing to take, and able to pass, a drug screen, TB test and physical.
- Be willing to consent to, and able to pass, a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.