Wellbeing and Life Services Director
About Dogwood Forest, served by Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Dogwood Forest communities are assisted living and memory care communities located in Acworth, Dunwoody and Grayson, Georgia. Dogwood Forest communities have been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
The Wellbeing and Life Services Director (WLSD) is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operation of the resident care program in our assisted living and memory care community. The WLSD must ensure compliance to all current federal, state and local standards governing the community and that the highest degree of quality care is continuously provided to residents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hire, onboard, train, manage and develop the assisted living director, memory care director, wellbeing nurses and certified medication aides.
- Support the assisted living director, memory care director in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and evaluating resident care services associates.
- Develop and maintain care policies, procedures and manuals, objectives and philosophies.
- Ensure that resident care associates have valid and current licenses/certifications and are performing duties in accordance with acceptable standards.
- Ensure that resident care services associates have completed required training and understand and follow: Residents' Right rules, community policies and procedures, the Infection Control Plan, Universal Precautions, established safety rules, and fire and disaster procedures.
- Participate in interviewing and screening residents for admission; inform associates of new admissions; work collaboratively with the community relations director, assisted living director and memory care director to ensure a seamless admissions process.
- Develops a preliminary and comprehensive assessment and written care plan that identifies the care and services needs and preferences of the resident and the goals to be accomplished for each need identified; meet with residents and families to obtain their input on the routine assessment; ensure that all resident care services associates are aware of the plan of care.
- Monitor residents' treatment and medications to ensure residents are receiving proper care; review documentation to ensure proper it is maintained relating to residents' care plan, medications and conditions.
- Recommend to the General Manager the equipment and supply needs for the Resident Care and Nursing Department; assist in developing and monitoring adequate and cost-effective inventory control procedures.
- Implement a continuous quality improvement program and develop actions plans to address opportunities for improvement in processes including completion of medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charts, etc.
Acworth was recently named the #4 best place to live in Cobb County by Niche.com, which bases their ratings on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. The City of Acworth historic district has undergone a major redevelopment restoring the historical nature of the city and thereby becoming a destination for restaurants, services, entertainment and shopping. Also called “the Lake City”, Acworth is located on a large recreational lake, Lake Acworth. Lake Acworth is a 260-acre artificial lake on the southwest side of the city. Visitors and residents can enjoy a day at the beach, fishing, boating, walking trails and picnicking.
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
- Have an active Registered or Practical Nurse License in the state of Georgia.
- Have at least three (3) years’ experience as a Nurse Manager with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an assisted living environment.
- Have a proven track record of effectively leading and managing others and possessing a servant-leader mentality.
- Have patience, tact, enthusiasm and a positive attitude toward the elderly.
- Have previous experience in an assisted living community or equivalent.
- Be knowledgeable about general rehabilitative or restorative nursing and medical practices and procedures and laws and regulations and guidelines governing long-term care.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to effectively and professionally engage, interact and collaborate with residents, associates, visitors, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Be a customer-focused, proactive and creative problem-solver.
- Be willing to take and able to pass a drug screen.
- Be willing to consent to and able to pass a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.