Memory Care Director
About Dogwood Forest, served by Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Dogwood Forest communities are assisted living and memory care communities located in Acworth, Dunwoody and Grayson, Georgia. Dogwood Forest communities have been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
The Memory Care Director is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and implementing programs and services for residents with cognitive impairment. Additionally, he/she has a shared responsibility to provide a therapeutic environment which holistically maintains each individual resident's optimum level of well-being. The Memory Care Director is responsible for the administration and management of the Holbrook Life Memory Care program, resident care and services, the well-being and satisfaction of residents, and directing the team of Memory Care Partners and the Memory Care Programmer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hire, train, manage, schedule and develop Memory Care Partners and Memory Care Programmer.
- Develop new resident service plans in coordination with the Director of Wellness and Life Services; review resident service plan data with the Community Relations Director.
- Develop and coordinate the continuous execution of the resident service plan from move-in to discharge with full responsibility for its execution by the Memory Care team.
- Ensure resident service plans are completed in a timely manner at prospect, move-in, 30 days, quarterly and at change in condition.
- Provide care directives and collaborate with the Director of Wellness and Life Services in the development and evaluation of assignment sheets at prospect, move-in, quarterly, and at change in condition.
- Input resident service plan data into Point Click Care and Point of Care in a timely and consistent manner.
- Ensure HIPPA compliance.
- Ensure complete, accurate documentation in the communication log; follow up on care concerns; notify care partner as needed to review and sign.
- Retain and ensure security of daily assignment sheets, communication log and other documents in compliance with company retention standards.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels at all times in compliance with company and state requirements.
- Provide orientation to new or seasonal team members and private duty sitters to ensure continuity of care.
- Serve as the liaison for the Memory Care community to other Holbrook Life community departments, resident family members and the outside local community.
- Assist the Community Relations Director in promoting the Memory Care neighborhood to physicians, hospitals, discharge planners/social workers and local agencies.
Grayson is a vibrant “live, work and play” community in Gwinnett County. This suburb of Atlanta is one of the best places to live in Georgia and has been given an “A” grade by Niche.com. In addition to its highly rated public schools, Grayson offers many beautiful parks, excellent restaurants and shopping, making it a popular destination for both families and young professionals. In addition, the City of Grayson offers many community events throughout the year including festivals, concerts and an annual parade. Close enough to Atlanta for easy big city access, but far enough to experience home-town living!
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Satisfy at least ONE of the five requirements listed below:
- Have a relevant Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university AND a minimum of 2 years of experience successfully managing a memory care department.
- Be a licensed nursing home administrator or have a license issued by another state as a nursing home administrator.
- Have a certification by a nationally recognized educational provider; the curriculum must cover the knowledge and skills necessary to manage a nursing home or an assisted living/memory care community.
- Be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing who has successfully completed Holbrook Life’s 90-day Memory Care Director- in-Training Program.
- Have at least 2 years of supervisory or leadership experience in a memory care setting or completion of a Holbrook Life Management approved ILDIT program, as on-the-job training.
- Have experience working with residents with Alzheimer Disease, dementia and other related memory or cognitive impairments.
- Be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Have strong organizational skills and good attention to detail.
- Be flexible and able to multitask.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a customer-focused, proactive and creative problem-solver.
- Be committed to and passionate about serving customers and delivering best-in-class service.
- Have patience, tact, enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards older adults and their families.
- Have good judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Possess the ability to effectively and professionally engage, interact and collaborate with residents, residents’ families, associates, etc.
- Have experience working with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) applications and the ability to learn new technology programs and applications.
- Have the ability, availability and willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as business needs/schedule dictates.
- Be able to perform the physical functions of the role which include: frequently support up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift/carry up to 30 pounds, frequently kneel, bend, and reach; when supporting, lifting or transferring residents, proper body mechanics and safety measures, as stated in training and/or prescribed by a licensed health care professional must be used.
- Be willing to take, and able to pass, a drug screen, TB test and a physical.
- Be willing to consent to, and able to pass, a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.