About Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Holbrook Life is a family-owned business which develops, owns and manages active adult, assisted living and memory care communities across the Southeast. Each Holbrook community has been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents, customers and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintenance duties in the community. Responsibilities include performing routine property and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance, monitoring utilities and assisting in ensuring the safety of guests and associates. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for simultaneously ensure outstanding guest service and financial profitability, in compliance with all company standards. He or she will monitor assigned areas to provide a safe environment for residents, guests and employees.
Key responsibilities include:
- Respond in a courteous and timely manner to all residents and guests’ questions, complaints or requests.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and within specifications; record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention.
- Perform maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of building, in residence units, on laundry and kitchen/refrigeration appliances/equipment, electrical and plumbing systems, heating/air conditioning (HVAC) ventilation, water treatment systems, swimming pools, etc.
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections by checking working condition of equipment; report all deficiencies immediately to supervisor to be rectified.
- Ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner, minimizing waste and ensuring that equipment is prepared and operational for the next shift.
- Respond to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies.
- Check alarm systems, security cameras, safety and fire equipment systems ,building doors, service areas and delivery areas.
- Assist in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rake, sweep, shovel as circumstances warrant.
Acworth was recently named the #4 best place to live in Cobb County by Niche.com, which bases their ratings on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. The City of Acworth historic district has undergone a major redevelopment restoring the historical nature of the city and thereby becoming a destination for restaurants, services, entertainment and shopping. Also called “the Lake City”, Acworth is located on a large recreational lake, Lake Acworth. Lake Acworth is a 260-acre artificial lake on the southwest side of the city. Visitors and residents can enjoy a day at the beach, fishing, boating, walking trails and picnicking.
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of one year of work experience and/or training in building engineering, maintenance or security; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Be a customer-focused problem-solver.
- Be able to think clearly in emergency situations.
- Be able to safely and properly use hand and power tools.
- Be able to work independently and efficiently, while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Treat residents, guests and associates with kindness, dignity and respect.
- Be customer-oriented and have a “guest-first” mentality; look for opportunities to go the extra mile to exceed resident expectations.
- Possess the ability to interact professionally and collaboratively with associates, residents, family members and guests.
- Be committed to quality and detail-oriented.
- Have good organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Be a good team player; work well with others.
- Be a reliable and hard worker (arrive to work on time, take initiative, be self-motivated, etc.).
- Be physically able to do 8-hour shifts of manual work and lift and carry items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Be willing to take and able to pass a drug screen.
- Be willing to consent to and able to pass a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.