About Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Holbrook Life is a family-owned business which develops, owns and manages active adult, assisted living and memory care communities across the Southeast. Each Holbrook community has been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents, customers and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
Do you have a big smile and a big, friendly personality? If so, this job might be for you! The Activities Assistant is primarily responsible assisting the Activities Director with planning, organizing, and directing activities that include, but not necessarily limited to social, physical, spiritual and educational development as well as a variety of recreational activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the development and execution of the annual & monthly activity program that will provide entertainment, intercommunication, exercise, relaxation, and fulfill the basic psychological, social and spiritual needs for active living residents; activities should incorporate well-being.
- Oversee activities in accordance with community expectations.
- Assist in the execution of community matchmaking, travel club, business incubation, expedition and other specialty programming.
- Be aware of the programming budget, communicate any needs or variances to the Lifestyles Activities Director.
- Encourage art, woodworking, hobbies and craft activities among residents in groups or individually.
- Assist and provide content for a community monthly newsletter in accordance with community policy, with involvement from the General Manager and other department managers.
- Ensure the safety of residents during all activity functions, complying with safety regulations and policies for the community.
- Encourage social communications among residents through group activities and recreation.
- Encourage residents to assist in the planning of activities, events and/or function as appropriate.
- Encourage residents to participate in religious to fulfill their basic spiritual needs, through visits with chaplain, pastor, elder or other religious leaders, attendance at religious services whenever possible, spiritual reading material, and other opportunities.
- Encourage intellectual/educational development through literature, lectures, movies, cultural events and other creative forums.
- Assist the Residents' Association when requested by the General Manager.
- Maintain a professional work area.
- Support volunteer groups organized by the Lifestyles Activities Director.
- Attend all training as required.
- Participate in internal and external activity programs.
- Maintain residents' confidentiality; treat residents with kindness, dignity and respect; know and comply with Resident's Rights.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the General Manager
Decatur was recently named the #1 best place to live in Georgia by Niche.com, which bases their ratings on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. Decatur has a traditional small-town atmosphere-and the sophistication and excitement of a college town-along with all the benefits of living in a major metropolitan area. The corridor benefits from a variety of parks and amenities, including Mason Mill Park. This 111 acre park provides the surrounding community with a variety of amenities including tennis courts, a recreation center, picnic area, dog park and trails for public enjoyment.
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
The successful candidate will….
- Have completed some college study; degree in recreation or human services-related field preferred.
- Have experience developing and promoting entertainment, social and educational activities.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to complete and maintain CPR/First Aid certification and understand safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Be committed to and passionate about serving customers and delivering best-in-class service.
- Continuously look for opportunities to “WOW” customers; always willing to go that “extra mile” (with a smile).
- Possess the ability to effectively and professionally engage, interact and collaborate with residents, associates, visitors, etc.
- Be a customer-focused, proactive and creative problem-solver.
- Have demonstrated organization, multi-tasking, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Possess patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude towards older adults and their families.
- Be willing to take, and able to pass, a drug screen.
- Be willing to submit to, and able to pass, a criminal background check.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a motor vehicle record check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.