The Line Cook is responsible for preparing excellent food for our residents, guests and customers. The Line Cook prepares appetizers, entrees and desserts; ensures ingredients are fresh; and ensures that the work area is clean, and that necessary equipment is readily available.
Key responsibilities include:
- Set up station according to community guidelines (sauté, grill, broil, fry, pantry).
- Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner; ensure proper seasoning of food.
- Ensure meals are prepared and served according to the menu and diet preferences.
- Clean and maintain station in a safe, sanitary, and organized manner.
- Restock all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and storage areas.
- Have a high school diploma; culinary degree preferred.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have a good work ethic and be punctual.
- Have some knowledge of food preparation and health and safety standards.
- Have an understanding of cooking methods and ingredients.
- Know how to properly use and maintain station equipment.
- Be able to follow directions.
- Be customer-oriented; have a “guest-first” mentality.
- Be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Have good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Be self-motivated and have initiative.
- Be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Have the ability to reach, bend and stoop and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Have good manual dexterity and gross motor skills.
- Be willing to take, and able to pass, a drug screen.
- Be willing to submit to, and able to pass, a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves