About Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Holbrook Life is a family-owned business which develops, owns and manages active adult, assisted living and memory care communities across the Southeast. Each Holbrook community has been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents, customers and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
The Server is responsible for providing excellent customer service to residents and guests in our food and beverage outlets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure dining room is prepared for guests (for example, set tables, stock supplies prior to the beginning of service).
- As a member of the F&B team, work collaboratively with team members to ensure a positive dining experience for guests.
- Greet guests in a warm and genuine manner.
- Suggest menu items to customers based on the menu and specials.
- Provide information and/or answer questions about menu items.
- Take customer food and drink orders; ensure accuracy of orders.
- Upsell additional offerings such as beverages, appetizers and/or desserts.
- Communicate orders to kitchen and bar staff.
- Monitor tables to ascertain any additional service needs and communicate order status.
- Monitor kitchen to ensure timely preparation of orders.
- Inspect orders prior to leaving kitchen to ensure accuracy and quality, including presentation.
- Serve orders in timely fashion.
- Work closely with management to immediately and effectively address and resolve any customer concerns.
- Enter orders into POS system, present guest check, process payment.
- Ensure availability of supplies; clean dishes, flatware, glasses, etc.; complete assigned side work.
- Attend and participate in orientation, training, in-service educational activities and staff meetings as assigned.
Woodstock is a vibrant Atlanta suburb recently named the #1 place to live in Cherokee County by Niche.com and is located approximately 30 miles north of Atlanta. Living in Woodstock offers residents a suburban feel with highly-rated schools. Additionally, there is a great variety of restaurants, shops, parks and trails to explore year round. Woodstock also has a fabulous downtown area which is home to more than 30 locally-owned shops, over 20 restaurants and spas, salons and a brewery. Downtown Woodstock is very walkable, and there are many events going on every month!
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent; previous server experience preferred.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have good communication skills.
- Possess the ability to interact professionally and collaboratively with associates, residents, family members and guest.
- Have good problem-solving, organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task.
- Be a good team player; work well with others.
- Be a “natural smiler” with a friendly personality who likes people!
- Be a reliable and hard worker: arrive to work on time, take initiative, be self-motivated, deliver consistent results, etc.
- Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Be customer-oriented and have a “guest-first” mentality; look for opportunities to go the extra mile to exceed resident expectations.
- Be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Be able to climb up and down two flights of stairs carrying food and drinks multiple times during a shift.
- Be willing to take and able to pass a drug screen.
- Be willing to consent to and able to pass a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.