The Food Runner is responsible for performing the tasks necessary to ensure residents and guests have a best-in-class dining experience. Responsibilities include communicating with guests and supporting both servers and kitchen staff. Food runners are expected to provide customers with outstanding customer service and actively help to improve their overall dining experience.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist customers with their orders by explaining specials, meals and drinks; make recommendations.
- Deliver food orders to residents and guests in a timely manner.
- Refill water, tea and coffee cups.
- Accurately explain food orders to Chefs with specific attention to allergies and special requests.
- Help the wait staff set up tables by placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils, condiments, decorations and napkins.
- Uphold our food health safety and sanitation principles.
- Occasionally check on customers to handle any impromptu requests or issues.
- Remove dirty dishes from dining room tables.
- Inform management of customer feedback.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have good problem-solving, organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task.
- Be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Be a reliable and hard worker, e.g., arrive to work on time, take initiative, be self-motivated, deliver consistent results, etc.
- Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Be customer-oriented and have a “guest-first” mentality; look for opportunities to go the extra mile to exceed resident expectations.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Be able to climb up and down two flights of stairs carrying food and drinks multiple times during a shift.
- Be willing to take and able to pass a drug screen.
- Be willing to consent to and able to pass a criminal background check.