Food and Beverage Service Manager
About Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Holbrook Life is a family-owned business which develops, owns and manages active adult, assisted living and memory care communities across the Southeast. Each Holbrook community has been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents, customers and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
The Food and Beverage (F&B) Service Manager is primarily responsible for all aspects of the management of the food and beverage staff and facilities; overall objectives are maximizing resident, guest and associate satisfaction with food and beverage services while increasing profitability and controlling operating costs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and oversee all aspects of food and beverage areas and events in both a hands-on and supportive manner, in compliance with current federal, state, and local standards governing commercial food and beverage operations, commercial residential establishments and long-term care facilities.
- Hire, train and manage performance of F&B staff.
- Ensure company standards for F&B areas are adhered to by all F&B associates; lead by example.
- Monitor and assess resident, guest and associate satisfaction on an ongoing basis; implement improvements as opportunities are identified.
- Maintain open lines of communication with service and kitchen staff about reservations, special events and resident dietary needs; maintain accurate daily and weekly punch details for F&B team members.
- Maximize food and beverage sales by identifying and targeting sales opportunities through marketing including promotions and special events and by training staff on up-selling.
- Ensure that F&B associates understand and follow Universal Precautions, established safety rules, fire and disaster procedures and departmental policies.
- Forecast needs of the F&B department and assist in preparing and planning the department budget for food, beverage, equipment, supplies and labor.
- Control costs of all food and beverage outlets by assisting management, as requested, in purchasing, maintain effective profit and loss controls and monitor labor costs following demand patterns, budget and local labor laws.
Woodstock is a vibrant Atlanta suburb recently named the #1 place to live in Cherokee County by Niche.com and is located approximately 30 miles north of Atlanta. Living in Woodstock offers residents a suburban feel with highly-rated schools. Additionally, there is a great variety of restaurants, shops, parks and trails to explore year round. Woodstock also has a fabulous downtown area which is home to more than 30 locally-owned shops, over 20 restaurants and spas, salons and a brewery. Downtown Woodstock is very walkable, and there are many events going on every month!
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
- Have a high school diploma.
- Be at least 21 years or older.
- Possess 2+ years’ related experience.
- Possess Food Handler’s and/or Alcohol Service Permits as required by regulation/law.
- Possess or obtain SERVSafe and alcohol service-related training certifications (such as TIPS).
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Be committed to and passionate about serving customers and delivering best-in-class service
- Continuously look for opportunities to “WOW” customers; always willing to go that “extra mile”
- Possess the ability to effectively and professionally engage, interact and collaborate with residents, associates, visitors, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Be a customer-focused, proactive and creative problem-solver.
- Have a desire to motivate, coach and teach others.
- Possess the ability to use computers and learn new programs.
- Have strong financial management skills.
- Be willing to perform a practical cooking demonstration during the hiring process.
- Be willing and able to take and pass a drug screen.
- Be willing to consent to and able to pass a criminal background screen.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.