The Dishwasher / Utility Worker is primarily responsible for maintaining a sanitary environment for food and storage as well as providing clean service ware and utensils for the entire food and beverage operation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operate an industrial dishwasher safely and rapidly.
- Wash glassware and various other items.
- Meticulously clean the iced tea and coffee machines daily.
- Manage the placement of all kitchen items and dishes and rotate dishes to reduce wear and tear.
- Ensure cleanliness of dishwashing and dish storage areas.
- Always follow sanitation and safety policies.
- Clean up spills, broken glassware, mop floors, etc.
- Perform all daily duties (opening, closing and side work).
- Assist Line Cooks and other team members as needed.
- Anticipate needs of Chefs help transport food and plate up.
- Have a high school diploma; any related experience is a plus.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have good problem-solving, organization and time management skills.
- Be able to learn to operate industrial machinery.
- Be able to do janitorial activities.
- Be able to follow directions.
- Be a reliable and hard worker, e.g., arrive to work on time, take initiative, be self-motivated, deliver consistent results, etc.
- Be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Be customer-oriented; have a “guest-first” mentality.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Be able to reach, bend and stoop and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to work in a hot, humid environment, and be on your feet for an 8-hour shift.
- Be willing to submit to, and able to pass, a criminal background check.