About Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Holbrook Life is a family-owned business which develops, owns and manages active adult, assisted living and memory care communities across the Southeast. Each Holbrook community has been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents, customers and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
The Line Cook is responsible for preparing excellent food for our residents, guests and customers. The Line Cook prepares appetizers, entrees and desserts; ensures ingredients are fresh; and ensures that the work area is clean, and that necessary equipment is readily available.
Key responsibilities include:
- Set up station according to community guidelines (sauté, grill, broil, fry, pantry).
- Follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications.
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner; ensure proper seasoning of food.
- Ensure meals are prepared and served according to the menu and diet preferences.
- Clean and maintain station in a safe, sanitary, and organized manner.
- Restock all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and storage areas.
Decatur was recently named the #1 best place to live in Georgia by Niche.com, which bases their ratings on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. Decatur has a traditional small-town atmosphere-and the sophistication and excitement of a college town-along with all the benefits of living in a major metropolitan area. The corridor benefits from a variety of parks and amenities, including Mason Mill Park. This 111 acre park provides the surrounding community with a variety of amenities including tennis courts, a recreation center, picnic area, dog park and trails for public enjoyment.
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
- Have a high school diploma; culinary degree preferred.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have a good work ethic and be punctual.
- Have some knowledge of food preparation and health and safety standards.
- Have an understanding of cooking methods and ingredients.
- Know how to properly use and maintain station equipment.
- Be able to follow directions.
- Be customer-oriented; have a “guest-first” mentality.
- Be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Have good problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Be self-motivated and have initiative.
- Be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Have the ability to reach, bend and stoop and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Have good manual dexterity and gross motor skills.
- Be willing to take, and able to pass, a drug screen.
- Be willing to submit to, and able to pass, a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.