About Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Holbrook Life is a family-owned business which develops, owns and manages active adult, assisted living and memory care communities across the Southeast. Each Holbrook community has been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents, customers and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
The Barista is responsible for providing residents and guests with an excellent beverage and retail experience in the Zinnia Cafe in the Holbrook community. This position contributes to Zinnia's success by ensuring the Holbrook's service and store standards are met. The Barista supports the Lead Barista and the Food and Beverage Service Manager in executing store operations during scheduled shifts. The Barista provides residents and guests with prompt service, quality beverages and products served in a clean and comfortable environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Execute Zinnia store operations during scheduled shifts by following operational policies and procedures.
- Operate store effectively and maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipate resident needs and ensure service delivered meets/exceeds expectations; look for opportunities to deliver 'WOW' moments to customers.
- Maintain inventories; stock coffee equipment and replenish food and retail products.
- Identify opportunities for improvement can communicate to management.
- Maintain appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- Consistently provide quality beverages, retail items and food products for customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards, that is, take orders, ensure accuracy and make great coffee drinks!
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
Decatur was recently named the #1 best place to live in Georgia by Niche.com, which bases their ratings on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. Decatur has a traditional small-town atmosphere-and the sophistication and excitement of a college town-along with all the benefits of living in a major metropolitan area. The corridor benefits from a variety of parks and amenities, including Mason Mill Park. This 111 acre park provides the surrounding community with a variety of amenities including tennis courts, a recreation center, picnic area, dog park and trails for public enjoyment.
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have some customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment; knowledge of food preparation and current health and safety standards preferred; ServSafe certification a strong plus.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have proficiency using kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Possess the ability to interact professionally and collaboratively with associates, residents, guests and vendors.
- Have good problem-solving, delegation, organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task.
- Be a good team player; work well with others.
- Be customer-oriented and look for opportunities to go the extra mile to exceed customer expectations.
- Be a “natural smiler” with a friendly personality who likes people!
- Be a reliable and hard worker (arrive to work on time, take initiative, be self-motivated, deliver consistent results, etc.).
- Be able to work calmly and effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Be willing to take and able to pass a drug screen.
- Be willing to consent to and able to pass a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.