Assisted Living Caregiver
The Assisted Living Direct Caregiver is primarily responsible for providing best-in-class resident care and support and facilitate a positive physical, social, emotional and spiritual environment for residents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist residents with the activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, escorting, medication supervision and other functions of designated in the resident’s plan of care.
- Complete tasks, as directed, including taking and recording temperature, pulse, and respiration, and monthly weights and blood pressures; document in the resident’s chart using approved charting criteria.
- Respond to residents’ family’s questions, concerns and requests in a timely manner.
- Report immediately to supervisor, and/or family, all accidents or incidents; record necessary information on appropriate forms and render immediate first aid.
- Assist with admission, transfer and discharge of residents as directed.
- Understand and comply with Universal Precautions, following infection control standards for the community, hazardous waste policies and all safety rules
- Ensure cleanliness of resident rooms and all areas of the community.
- Maintain safety and security of the residents by making scheduled rounds on designated shift.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least one year of experience providing direct personal care services to senior citizens in a nursing facility, hospital, assisted living community or personal care home.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certification preferred.
- Effectively read, write, speak and understand English.
- Be committed to and passionate about serving customers and delivering best-in-class service.
- Continuously look for opportunities to “WOW” customers; always willing to go that “extra mile.”
- Have patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude towards older adults and their families.
- Possess the ability to effectively and professionally engage, interact and collaborate with residents, residents’ families, associates, etc.
- Have the ability, availability and willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as business needs/schedule dictates.
- Be able to perform the physical functions of the role which include: frequently support up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift/carry up to 30 pounds, frequently kneel, bend, and reach.
- Be willing to take, and able to pass, a drug screen, TB test and a physical.
- Be willing to consent to, and able to pass, a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves