Assisted Living Direct Caregiver
About Dogwood Forest, served by Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Dogwood Forest communities are assisted living and memory care communities located in Acworth, Dunwoody and Grayson, Georgia. Dogwood Forest communities have been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
The Assisted Living Direct Caregiver is primarily responsible for providing best-in-class resident care and support and facilitate a positive physical, social, emotional and spiritual environment for residents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist residents with the activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, escorting, medication supervision and other functions of designated in the resident’s plan of care.
- Complete tasks, as directed, including taking and recording temperature, pulse, and respiration, and monthly weights and blood pressures; document in the resident’s chart using approved charting criteria.
- Respond to residents’ family’s questions, concerns and requests in a timely manner.
- Report immediately to supervisor, and/or family, all accidents or incidents; record necessary information on appropriate forms and render immediate first aid.
- Assist with admission, transfer and discharge of residents as directed.
- Understand and comply with Universal Precautions, following infection control standards for the community, hazardous waste policies and all safety rules
- Ensure cleanliness of resident rooms and all areas of the community.
- Maintain safety and security of the residents by making scheduled rounds on designated shift.
Ranked #4 by Niche.com as one of the best places to raise a family in DeKalb County and graded an A+, Dunwoody is a vibrant community just 10 miles north of Atlanta. Offering residents a suburban feel, Dunwoody also has many award-winning restaurants, premium shopping (including the Southeast’s second largest mall), and holds family-friendly festivals and events throughout the year. It also boasts a variety of outdoor activities and attractions including many beautiful parks, the Dunwoody Nature Center and even zip-lining! And MARTA public transportation makes getting around Dunwoody a breeze!
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have at least one year of experience providing direct personal care services to senior citizens in a nursing facility, hospital, assisted living community or personal care home.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certification preferred.
- Effectively read, write, speak and understand English.
- Be committed to and passionate about serving customers and delivering best-in-class service.
- Continuously look for opportunities to “WOW” customers; always willing to go that “extra mile.”
- Have patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude towards older adults and their families.
- Possess the ability to effectively and professionally engage, interact and collaborate with residents, residents’ families, associates, etc.
- Have the ability, availability and willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as business needs/schedule dictates.
- Be able to perform the physical functions of the role which include: frequently support up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift/carry up to 30 pounds, frequently kneel, bend, and reach.
- Be willing to take, and able to pass, a drug screen, TB test and a physical.
- Be willing to consent to, and able to pass, a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.