Enriched Living Director
About Dogwood Forest, served by Holbrook Life
Our Purpose: To inspire living life to the fullest. Dogwood Forest communities are assisted living and memory care communities located in Acworth, Dunwoody and Grayson, Georgia. Dogwood Forest communities have been developed from the ground up using the latest scientific research, best practices in service and living, and technology in residential design. We believe that a better environment leads to better living – for our residents and associates. The amenities and programs offered are comparable to those in a five-star resort and the level of hospitality services we provide stands to redefine our industry. All aspects of our communities’ architecture, our focus on hospitality, and our amenities and programs work together to create an environment where, together, we embark on a new adventure every day.
The Enriched Living Director is responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and implementing programs and services for residents in the Assisted Living neighborhood. Additionally, he/she is responsible for leading and managing a team which provides best-in-class care that recognizes each resident’s physical, emotional and spiritual needs beyond traditional nursing procedures and protocols. The Enriche Living Director is responsible for the administration and management of the Dogwood Forest assisted living care program, resident care and services, the well-being and satisfaction of residents, and directing the team of Assisted Living Care Partners in the Assisted Living neighborhood.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hire, train, manage, schedule and develop Assisted Living Care Partners.
- Ensure that the direct care needs of residents are effectively met by the Assisted Living Care Partners to promote resident satisfaction and well-being.
- Develop Resident Services Plan and support the Assisted Living Care Partner with execution as needed.
- Ensure that resident care objectives are met daily and are consistent with the Resident Services Plan.
- Conduct routine and frequent rounds of the Assisted Living neighborhood to ensure the environment is conducive to rendering positive, quality outcomes.
- Participate in initial and ongoing resident assessments to help identify needs and changes in condition adhering to both Holbrook Life and Department of Community Health’s standards.
- Schedule and lead Family Service Plan Meetings.
- Ensure smooth transitions for new move-ins to the Assisted Living neighborhood.
- Ensure responsible care partner(s) are aware of resident care and service requirements (laundry, bathing and housekeeping schedules, meal times, activities calendar, etc.).
- Ensure documentation in the Point of Care system is current.
- Respond to residents’ family’s questions, concerns and requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels at all times in compliance with company and state requirements.
- Serve as the liaison for the Assisted Living neighborhood to other Holbrook Life community departments, resident family members and the outside local community.
- Assist the Community Relations Director in promoting the Assisted Living community to physicians, hospitals, discharge planners/social workers and local agencies.
Acworth was recently named the #4 best place to live in Cobb County by Niche.com, which bases their ratings on crime, public schools, cost of living, job opportunities, and local amenities. The City of Acworth historic district has undergone a major redevelopment restoring the historical nature of the city and thereby becoming a destination for restaurants, services, entertainment and shopping. Also called “the Lake City”, Acworth is located on a large recreational lake, Lake Acworth. Lake Acworth is a 260-acre artificial lake on the southwest side of the city. Visitors and residents can enjoy a day at the beach, fishing, boating, walking trails and picnicking.
We have an AMAZING team and philosophy! We are family – melted souls in a connected cause; We are passionate – driven to instill wonder in others; We are servant-hearted – faithfully serving others beyond self.
In addition to a great culture and a fun, collaborative team environment, we offer:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- A beautiful work environment
- Comprehensive benefits, including:
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401K program
- Work/Life benefits, including EAP
- Wellness program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Employee and family discount programs, including associate pricing in our bars and restaurants
- Free access to our fitness center
- Discounts on spa services
- Our proprietary recognition program, InspireLink, where you can trade in points earned for things you want
- ...and more!
If all this speaks to you, come join us on our Holbrook Journey and be amazing with us!
- Be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of direct care experience in personal care, health or aging and human services related setting.
- Satisfy at least ONE of the four requirements listed below:
- Have a relevant Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a certification by a nationally recognized educational provider; the curriculum must cover the knowledge and skills necessary to manage a nursing home or an assisted living community.
- Be a Certified Nursing Assistant in good standing.
- Have at least 2 years of leadership or supervisory experience in a personal care home or Assisted Living Community.
- Be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Have strong organizational skills and good attention to detail.
- Be flexible and able to multitask.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be committed to and passionate about serving customers and delivering best-in-class service.
- Continuously look for opportunities to “WOW” customers; always willing to go that “extra mile.”
- Be a customer-focused, proactive and creative problem-solver.
- Have patience, tact, enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards older adults and their families.
- Have good judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Possess the ability to effectively and professionally engage, interact and collaborate with residents, residents’ families, associates, etc.
- Have experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) applications and the ability to learn new technology programs and applications.
- Have the ability, availability and willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as business needs/schedule dictates.
- Be able to perform the physical functions of the role which include: frequently support up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift/carry up to 30 pounds, frequently kneel, bend, and reach; when supporting, lifting or transferring residents, proper body mechanics and safety measures, as stated in training and/or prescribed by a licensed health care professional, must be used.
- Be willing to take, and able to pass, a drug screen, TB test and a physical.
- Be willing to consent to, and able to pass, a criminal background check.
To inspire living life to the fullest
- AMAZING Family: Melted souls in a connected cause
- AMAZING Passion: Driven to instill wonder in others
- AMAZING Service: Faithfully serving others beyond ourselves
Visit our website at https://www.holbrooklife.com.